Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ruffle my feathers









Without a doubt, Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. Every year by August I start brainstorming for ideas and finish the construction by September. Last year I went as a peacock, with the bf as the Jolly Green Giant and the bff as Big Bird, all of which were made by me! This year, I'm off to such a late start, didn't know what to do till about 3 weeks ago. Up till then, I've even considered not doing anything (eek!). It was tough trying to top the peacock, but somehow I managed to do it. With my costume out of the way, I'm finally excited for Halloween! (finalizing all plans as we speak). YAH.

* Tonight all the petite bloggers are premiering their looks for the 3rd PFC - the look for less, regretfully I will not be participating (life got in the way...). However, that does not mean I didn't think about it. My look would have been Rachel Zoe; some fur, a baret, Starbucks coffee and oversize sunnies, and you're all set! (Oh, and starv yourself for about 10 days..)

* I know you guys are dying to see the DIY cape tutorial, just hang tight! I'll try to do it this weekend. ok, K.!?

18 comments:

  1. sooooooooooo adorable!

    xoxo Monroe

    fashionsteelenyc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo f***n creative:) I love peacocks, were you able to sit? Lovely! X Ari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cool! I think if I were more creative I would enjoy Halloween more :P

    Post your PFC at a later date! Would LOVE to see your rendition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I can't believe you made all these Halloween costumes yourself!! You're definitely very crafty. Absolutely love the peacock dress on you!

    kileen
    cuteandlitte.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing your DIY projects. These Halloween costumes did not disappoint. Can't wait to see what you come up with this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your costume was amazing! I can't wait to see the one you have planned for this year. You should definitely enter yourself for the Alice + Olivia costume contest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you loook sooo chic as a peacock!
    and the big bird costume is sooo pretty!

    can't wait to see this year's costume!


    ♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so so stunning!! And you did 3 costumes total last year - like.whoa.

    And with all that said, you've found a way to top this costume?? I can't WAIT to see what you've done this year ;) Happy Halloween!

    xo,
    raven

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're the chicest peacock ever! I can't believe you made these three costumes!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving your costume. You are so talented. I wish you had time to participate in PFC. I am looking forward to see your DIY cape tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  11. FABULOUS!!! You look so cute!!!!

    ivonnestacy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Khatu, your shit is fucking bananas, girl!!! You are so fucking bloody brilliant, I had no idea you were such a little seamstress! I should have enlisted you to make my wedding dress. Oh my god. I'm so blown away by your sewing prowess!!!

    I can't wait to see what you came up with this year!

    XX.
    Mae Lu, thereafterish.

    Check out my Giftcard Giveaway to CSN Stores. You might find something really nice there! http://wp.me/pW5H5-oC

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow girl, you have skills. cant wait to see what you wear this year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!!! I'm obsessed with your peacock costume, Khatu!! This is AMAZING!!

    Wow. Sooo impressive!

    A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

    PS - I started making a cape and only go as far as cutting out the pattern :S Looking forward to your tutorial so I can finish with some instruction.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks everyone!

    @ Blogger Fashions Not A Luxury - yes, the tail is detachable, I can put it on or take it off whenever I want.

    @Elle - thanks for letting me know! I entered the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow you make a gorgeous peacock!

    ReplyDelete